Cell Processing Information
Customers purchasing cell lines from EBiSC will benefit from:
- Our robust and standardised approach to stem cell banking.
- Adherence to international best practice standards covering all stages from consent and procurement to distribution.
- Our dedicated support to research through provision of a high quality, well characterised, collection of hiPSC lines from a range of genetic backgrounds and reprogramming methods.
- Quality certification for all batches from our standardised process of expansion, cryopreservation and Quality Control at our dedicated central facilities.
EBiSC ensures the quality of all cell line banks using the following processes:
Standardised Cell Culture Conditions:
- All lines are adapted to standardised, antibiotic-free culture protocols to maximise efficiency of use.
- Reproducibility and homogeneity of cell material is assured.
- This ensures consistency across experiments involving multiple cell lines.
- This eases data comparison with data sets produced across multiple sites using the same source material.
Core Quality Control Regime:
- Cell line identity: use of STR profiling allows for affordable ID comparisons during use
- Phenotype: expression of gold-standard hPSC and self-renewal markers
- Viability: confirmation gives confidence to users of ease of use of each cell line
- Karyology: Genome health of each cell line recorded and communicated at purchase
- Microbiology: Every batch screened for bacteria, fungi, Mycoplasma and selected human viral pathogens
- Additional characterisation data may include:
- Pluripotent potential through spontaneous differentiation
- Directed differentiation to somatic cell types
- SNP array data
- Characterisation of genetic lesions
- Sequencing data
Batch specific Quality Control data is provided on a Certificate of Analysis supplied at cell line receipt, additional data sets are available at cells.ebisc.org. Further information regarding Quality Control of cell lines provided by EBiSC can be found in our quality control summary (pdf).